Lisa Wise, CEO at Nest DC, is invested in thinking about how we can challenge certain stereotypes that have plagued the real estate industry for decades. Scott and Lisa talk about the difference between not being racist and being an actively anti-racist business.
Lisa Wise’s work has always been cause-driven, entrepreneurial, and community focused. Her career launched in the non-profit sector. Since 2009, Nest DC has been the ideal professional setting for her and the perfect “second act” professionally. As CEO she is highly committed to Nest’s success as a company while outside of Nest she has served 4 years as Board President of La Clinica del Pueblo and currently serves as Commissioner Mayor on the DC Condo Association Advisory Council for the District of Columbia.
If you’re a founder looking to take meaningful action against racism, this is the Founders Focus for you.
Take a look at some questions we tackled:
- How are you thinking about ramping up from not racist to anti-racist? What are the risks?
- How do you balance generating profits with a business model with the ambitious goal of redefining the real estate industry?
- You’ve created ownership pathways. How have you done that?
- How do you want to redefine what good business looks like as you think about equity, relationship to home, intergenerational wealth building and segregation within communities?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Focus sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 600+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.