The global pandemic has quickly altered the landscape for businesses in America and around the world. Communities across the nation are deeply broken. The chaos we feel and the challenges we face are not at all random or disconnected. They are, in fact, very interconnected. The brokenness is complex and systemic. As we look to recover from the economic fallout of the shutdown and new reality, there are ways for startups and small businesses to beat the odds and thrive.
- What can we do to foster ecosystems that allow businesses to thrive?
- What are the largest impediments to building new companies and businesses and how can we overcome them?
- As we find ourselves where brokenness is colliding with the need for us to be creating, where do we begin?
If you’re a founder working to beat the odds, you can’t miss this Founders Focus!
Check out some questions we addressed:
- What do you see as the key problems that communities were facing pre-pandemic?
- What’s different now – in the pandemic – and what should we expect post pandemic? More of the same?
- What key insights do small business owners and startups outside SF and New York miss or not understand?
- What alternatives to venture capital should our founders be looking at and where can they learn about them?
- What levers do we need to pull to fuel the recovery?
- What are ways that entrepreneurs listening today should be working towards leading the recovery and thriving?
- What role do business founders / owners play in building that community strength?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Focus sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 200+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.