Some of us remember the crash of 1987, the dot-com bubble burst of ‘00-01, or the ‘07 financial crisis. COVID-19 is destined to blow these economic crises out of the water.
With 41% of startups globally threatened in the “red zone” of having three months or less of cash runway left, the future looks ominous.
- How can you lean into the recession to find opportunities?
- What lessons can we draw from Fortune 500 CEOs?
- When do you consider consolidating, acquisitions, or exists?
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020, Scott Case was joined by Robert Reiss, Founder & CEO of The CEO Forum Group to unpack the opportunity of now. Robert has dedicated his career to absorbing and sharing the wisdom of the world’s most successful CEOs with the business community.
Hear Robert’s perspective on what startup founders can learn from Fortune 500 CEOs to not just survive, but succeed in a post COVID-19 world.
From high level strategies to tactical advice, take a look at some of the themes Robert drilled into during this Founders Focus.
- Where are CEOs leaning into the recession?
- What’s the enterprise mental model of a CEO? How might those elements be similar or different to those of a startup founder?
- How can startup founders sell to CEOs of Fortune 500 companies? What are they looking for?
- How has the CEO mindset shifted because of this crisis?
- How has this crisis impacted diversity & inclusion when it comes to the Fortune 500s?
- Do you believe the startup community will face the same challenges?
- What is one action step this community can take to level the playing field?
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 200+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.