On the best day, underrepresented leaders face difficult, persistent challenges. During times of chaos, these challenges become even more undeniable and overwhelming.
Limited access, ceilings to break, privilege to check, funding to find, biases to breakdown…the obstacle course of leading as an underestimated entrepreneur with the added layer of a pandemic can feel impossible.
- How do you channel resiliency?
- Where can you find allies?
- Who really understands what you’re going through?
On Thursday, April 30, 2020, Scott Case was joined by Amos Winbush III, CEO of AW3 Media, Co-founder of Forbes8, and Partner at Forbes Media. Amos is who we call “good people.” He’s dedicated his life and career to breaking down barriers and championing underestimated founders worldwide.
If you’re a leader that’s ever underestimated, or want to experience the founder’s journey through someone else’s lens, this Founders Focus is one you absolutely want to watch.
From personal observations and experiences to advice for others, check out some of the questions Amos answered:
- Share a little about the mission and how you’ve brought Forbes8 to life.
- Any synergy between Forbes8 and AW3 Media?
- What persistent challenges have you observed over your decades of playing this game?
- What is the #1 bias you’ve seen over the years? How have you broken down that bias?
- Where have you seen bright spots for underestimated founders navigating the entrepreneurial journey?
- What does the opportunity challenge ratio look like on an international level? Any stark differences or commonalities you’ve observed?
- How do you think COVID-19 has gotten in the way of underrepresented founders?
- What lasting impacts will COVID-19 have on the underserved entrepreneurial community?
- How can we, as a community, help level the playing field today, right now, in this exact moment?
- What is your #1 advice for a founder who is fighting for the accessibility rightly deserved?
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see some of the co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 200+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.