The emotions of fear and shame often surface for people as they address their finances. Shannon McLay, the founder of the Financial Gym, joins Scott on Founders Focus to discuss her journey and tips she has for founders and would-be founders as they build their businesses.
Shannon McLay is the CEO and founder of The Financial Gym, a fitness-inspired, personal financial services company. After a 13-year career working for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, , Shannon’s goal was to open a financial services company that would help clients of all financial shapes and sizes.
If you’re a founder looking to make smarter, more strategic decisions about your future, this is the Founders Focus for you.
Take a look at some questions we addressed:
- Do you have tips and tricks for founders as they are looking at their businesses?
- How have you adapted during the pandemic?
- What are some of the ways you’ve addressed the mental health of your employees and clients?
- Do you have advice for our listeners who may be thinking of taking the leap into starting a new venture?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Focus sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 600+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.