Until we get through the acute crisis phase, it’s very hard for founders to pay attention to how to take advantage of the uncertainty of now. Historical data indicates that the rebuilding phase will be critical to our nation’s economic recovery, but wrapping a founder’s mind around where to begin is as daunting as ever. Especially with an imminent recession in front of us…
- How do you model against people’s fear?
- Where and how do you conserve capital? For how long?
- What pivot frames could take your business to the next level?
On Thursday, May 14, Scott was joined by C’pher Gresham, CEO, and Duane Rollins, VP of Impact and Research, at the prominent social impact incubator, SEED SPOT. On Thursday, C’pher and Duane will share how SEED SPOT, and the entrepreneurs they’re supporting, are managing against the future.
If you’re a founder looking for practical and actionable solutions to what’s next, this is a must-attend Founders Focus.
Take a peek at some of the questions we tackled:
- Why do startup ecosystems matter?
- What are you experiencing as an organization right now?
- Can you explain the butterfly effect of a recession? What have you seen in the past that we can learn from?
- Where are you seeing opportunities emerging?
- How is SEED SPOT conserving cash right now?
- What is a “decision matrix?”
- What is the future SEEDSPOT is managing against?
- How much ‘time’ of uncertainty should founders plan for?
- What are your observations with “rural entrepreneurs?” How are they managing risk right now?
- What is your #1 piece of advice regarding PPP loans?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Forum sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 200+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.