There is no such thing as a simple breakdown of a “wartime vs. peacetime” founder. Experienced founders quickly learn that real life is not an “either or” scenario–it’s both. Day-to-day, often minute-to-minute, you must play defense as new information arises, but you must also play more and more offense as your defense strengthens.
- How do you thrive (not just survive) in a downturn?
- What is the data of the past forecasting for our future?
- How are policy and the economy interconnected and what does that mean for your business?
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, Scott Case was joined by Dane Stangler, Expert Policy Advisor, to unpack what the unescapable recession means for founders like us. Dane has dedicated his career to working directly with entrepreneurs, policymakers, researchers, and ecosystem leaders everywhere to improve the success rates of startups by improving ecosystem vibrancy.
If you’re a founder keen on thriving (not surviving) through the uncertainty of now, this is a Founders Focus that will set you up for success.
Check out top questions discussed:
- Why do young companies matter?
- What did you observe at Kauffman and Startup Genome?
- What do you think about leaders who don’t believe this is going to impact their business?
- How are you thinking about a recession and the post-pandemic world?
- What tools do we have in our toolbox that are leveraged for underestimated founders?
- What’s your #1 observation on how this is going to impact underestimated founders?
- What’s the #1 way we can help mitigate this right now?
- What are 2 resources each Founder should be reading/digesting daily?
- What’s the #1 takeaway entrepreneurs should sign off with today?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Focus sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 200+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.