Leaders are making decisions minute-to-minute right now without any certainty in sight. A crossroads all of us founders reach is the choice between continuing to plow ahead or making a quick turn. Making those decisions is incredibly difficult on the best days. In the “new normal” of today, it’s enough to drive you insane.
- Do you strike while the iron’s hot?
- How do you bring your team along for the ride?
- When do you give up, shut down, and start over?
On Tuesday, April 28, 2020, Scott Case was joined by Angela Ferrante, Founder at Laudable, and Jeff David, Founder at Jeff David Hospitality, to discuss the bright spots and burdens of decision making in crisis.
As two founders who have persevered through financial crises before, and pivoted a few times along the way, Angela and Jeff shared their experiences and lessons learned while leading through “survival mode.”
How can founders start figuring out the right path forward? We all came together to talk through hot questions that are on the minds of leaders everywhere.
- How do you define a pivot? Tell us about your recent experience making a pivot.
- How do you define persistence? How have you channeled persistence into your entrepreneurial journey?
- What’s your #1 recommendation for market validation while uncertainty is off the charts?
- What was the #1 factor that validated your Laudable’s market was ready for your pivot?
- How have you brought people along for the pivot ride…or not? What was that like?
- What was the #1 boneheaded thing you did that you learned from?
- Why are you in hospitality right now? Do you have an itch to pivot? Why or why not?
- What’s the #1 way you’re keeping your team motivated right now? Will you continue doing this post COVID-19?
- What was your biggest challenge articulating a pivot to your financial stakeholders?
- What’s the #1 piece of advice you have for a leader who is deciding between pivoting or continuing to blaze ahead?
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 200+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.