Founders who led through the last financial crisis know that surviving this crisis can set you up for success. For many founders, this is their first time facing a contextual challenge – something truly out their control. Find out what those experienced in living through chaos think about this mess and what you can learn from their experience.
- What lessons can you learn from leaders who managed to thrive after the last financial crisis?
- What characteristics of the recovery are likely to emerge and how might you plan for them?
- What strategies do you employ to make sure you take away the most important lessons from surviving the pandemic and the recession?
On Thursday, June 11 at 1:10 pm Andrew Hoag, founder and CEO of Teampay, joined Scott on Founders Focus. Andrew and Scott will discuss scars they sustained in battle and how founders can learn from their experiences to survive this pandemic.
If you’re a founder facing something completely out of your control for the first time, this is the Founders Focus for you.
Take a peek at some questions we addressed:
- What was it like being a founder during the economic downturn in 2008?
- What’s different from the last time you started a company in chaos?
- Having been through an economic collapse / recovery before, do you have ideas on how companies should be adjusting or thinking about their strategy?
- What impact do you think working remotely will have as we work to create a new normal?
- Are you thinking about raising capital in this environment? Do you have advice for founders?
- What should founders be focused on as they plan for this future?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Focus sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 200+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.