Startup podcasts and conference speakers often focus on success and how companies make it big. The reality for some founders is that sometimes it just sucks, like really sucks. We all have ups and downs, but sometimes it is daunting. Being a founder can be a very lonely place, and most folks don’t realize that everyone deals with the suck, they just don’t talk about it.
- Do you feel like you are the only one with problems and that everyone else overcomes adversity and rides into the sunset a winner?
- What are some of the ways founders can face adversity and tackle their feelings of loneliness?
- Why is it important to talk with your teams and peers about the ugly mess that is part of the process?
On Tuesday, July 14 at 1:10 pm Scott Moody, CEO and chief member advocate of K4Connect, joined Scott on Founders Focus. They will be discussing how hard it is to be a founder and some of the often unspoken issues faced by entrepreneurs growing their businesses.
If you’re dealing with the ups and downs of being a founder, this is a can’t miss Founders Focus!
Take a peek at some questions we addressed:
- What are the often undiscussed challenges of being a founder?
- What’s one of the hardest lessons you’ve learned as a founder and CEO?
- How are you able to face loneliness and continue?
- What advice is there for leaders who are facing decisions about how to proceed during a crisis?
- Why do CEOs get too much credit?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Focus sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 400+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.