Underrepresented entrepreneurs face challenges that other entrepreneurs do not. Join us for a true conversation on morals, ethics, access to opportunities, and breaking down institutions that are historically unavailable to black and brown. Because businesses have measurable outcomes, the entrepreneurship and startup space is a good place to start improving what’s broken in America.
- How do we talk about topics we find uncomfortable?
- What are some of the challenges unique to black, brown and women owned businesses and business owners?
- What does allyship mean? How can we be co-conspirators?
- What are some of the resources available to underserved, underrepresented, and underestimated entrepreneurs and how can people with privilege be effective allies?
On Thursday, July 9 at 1:10 pm Sekou Kaalund and Amos Winbush III joined Scott on Founders Focus to discuss how we are all in this together and debunk myths and give a proper definition and examples of allyship.
If you’re a founder looking to use your voice in the entrepreneurial and startup space, this is the Founders Focus for you.
Check out some questions we discussed:
- What does it mean to be an ally?
- As a business leader, how can I and other allies support founders of companies that are currently underserved, underrepresented or underestimated?
- What are your thoughts on access to capital and resources for underestimated groups? Do you have advice for them?
- Can allies with privilege be helpful? How?
Check out our recent Upside Blog posts for recaps of other Founders Focus sessions.
About Founders Focus
Founders Focus exists to help CEOs and Founders learn and share the best ways to manage through the unprecedented crisis faced by businesses and business leaders today. Founders and CEOs helping Founders and CEOs.
The discussion is hosted and facilitated by Scott Case, a 30 year veteran of startups, large operating companies, and nonprofits. More important than his experience, Scott is determined to help fellow leaders thrive during this crazy time and emerge better from it. A lot of people refer to Scott as a “rockstar” but his wife and kids are not among them.
- Founding CTO of Priceline.com
- Former CEO of Malaria No More
- Former CEO of The Startup America Partnership
- Current Chairman of Network for Good
- Current CEO of The Upside Business Travel Company
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Scott invites an expert co-host to join him to share their perspective and experience with the Founders Focus topic.
Watch videos of past Founders Focus sessions to see co-hosts who have been featured as special guest speakers.
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:10 – 1:50PM ET on Zoom. Register here!
Over 400+ founders and CEOs from all different walks of life join together for the twice-weekly Founders Focus to talk through the challenges they’re facing and offer advice to their peers.
Join the Founders Focus by registering here.